When it comes to making money from cryptocurrencies, the most relevant issue is security. Ensuring security is not always an easy process but there are two products that can do it. These are Trezor and Ledger.
The main mission of the wallets is to provide the highest level of security for storing virtual coins. They ensure excellent protection from malware or viruses, as well as from phishing web resources that scammers disguise as legitimate cryptocurrency websites. Using hardware wallets eliminates the possibility of seeing personal keys. They are stored right in the wallet and can be accessed by entering a pin code on the device. No hacker can do this in remote mode.
Trezor: Product Review
This is the first standalone hardware product in the form of a cryptocurrency wallet, which was created in 2013. It was developed by SatoshiLabs to ensure security and preserve the peace of mind of all users. It is available in 220 countries and can handle more than 1,500 types of crypto. The main features of the wallet include:
- Support for different types of cryptocurrency, namely 1649;
- Pricing policy: the minimum price for the base model of Trezor Model One is $ 68 and $ 217 for Trezor Model T;
- The device dimensions: the base option – 60 mm x 30 mm x 6 mm and12g; Model T – 64 mm x 39 mm x 10 mm and 22g. The larger size has a positive effect in terms of the touch screen. It becomes more comfortable to use.
This device is not compatible with a cell phone, and there is no app for gadgets.
Ledger: E-wallet Review
This is another type of hardware wallet that Ledger created in 2014 to ensure the security of crypto assets. Its appearance resembles an ordinary USB drive but its functional features make it an ideal option for storing virtual coins. It can also be used to make payments easily and securely. The main parameters of the device include:
- The supported types of cryptocurrency: 1800+.
- Price of the device. Ledger Nano S, the basic configuration, costs $59; Ledger Nano X, a more advanced and sophisticated model, costs $119.
- Parameters of the devices: model S – 56.95 mm x 17.4 mm x 9.1 mm, 16g; model X – 72 mm x 18.6 mm x 11.75 mm, 34g.
The company has taken care of the users and developed a mobile app for both Android and iOS devices.
Main Differences Between Devices
In order to choose the best option of e-wallets, it is highly recommended to study all their basic characteristics:
- Appearance. Ledger has a stylish steel design, and Trezor looks much simpler with a classic plastic case. At the same time, the manufacturers equipped the models with displays, while the Tresor Model T has a touch screen, which provides maximum convenience when managing coins and installing applications.
- Currency support. Ledger supports a much larger number of currencies than Trezor. When making a choice, do not forget that if you intend to manage several currencies on one device, it is necessary to pay attention to the memory, which is needed for certain applications. Many users claim that the ideal option is the Trezor Model T due to the availability of a touch screen and the comfortable installation of applications.
- Cost. Wallets are quite secure. Their main purpose is to protect users from unauthorized attacks and hacks. Private keys are stored right on the device, which prevents the possibility of phishing attacks because the pin code must be entered directly on the device. When hacking attempts are made, the user receives messages. The only option for hacking is to store passwords and security words that are entered during authorization on any other electronic media. Therefore, you should not store them on other devices. it is also recommended to avoid taking pictures or sharing information via messengers.
The basic parameters of these two e-wallets are almost identical but the Ledger Nano S model has a mobile application for Android, and there is also the possibility of using Bluetooth. The model is additionally equipped with a dual chip, which improves its security. Trezor Model One has custom firmware and water resistance. It is worth noting an important detail – the availability of Bluetooth increases the risks of remote hacking attacks.
If you compare the more advanced T and X models, the first option is very convenient due to the large touch screen, which makes it easy to operate and install coin detection apps. The second model works with the help of a mobile application, which is available for iOS and Android devices. The rest of the features are almost the same on the two models.
If the user prefers convenience and comfort, and of course, the affordable cost of the device is better to opt for Ledger Nano.